Monday, February 14, 2011

It makes me mad when people complain that they don't have a partner for Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day is about love. This doesn't have to be a significant other. It can be anyone. You can spend Valentine's Day showing your best friend that you love them. Your brother. Your sister. Your mum. Your dad. Your dog. Your cat. Your fish. Your classmates. Your friend. It is just about love, in general. Not about in love.

It also makes me mad when people say something along the lines of "people should show everyone every day, that they love them". Because we all know people don't do that. That's the good thing about it! That is the point of Valentine's Day! To make people show other people that they love them, because they don't do it any other time! People need to be shown it somehow, so why not have Valentine's Day!?

Valentine's Day is one of my favourite days of the year. This year is my first Valentine's Day where I actually have a boyfriend. Last year was the first year I actually had a Valentine. And she was my best friend and cousin. And it was amazing. It made me see just how much she loves me. The lengths she went to to make my day special. Every year before that, I would make cards for people, and give people hugs, and tell them I love them. Because Valentine's Day is about love. Love is what makes the world go round. Without love, we would all be sad, depressed, boring people! It's good that there is one day a year where people don't have to be ashamed to show other people that they love them! Love comes in many forms. You don't have to have a partner, to have an amazing, love-filled Valentine's Day.

In saying all this, I hope that you have an absolutely fantastic day. Because you deserve it. And Valentine's Day is just about love. You aren't unloved. I love you.

P.S.
I know I said that I was going to post every Wednesday but it turns out that I really don't have anything to post about.
I don't think anyone even reads my blog posts. But it's not about being read. It's about being written. This is one of the only places I can vent about things and get it all out. But if you do read my posts, please comment on them. I'd like to know someone's listening to what I have to say.
And also, go follow me on tumblr :)

2 comments:

  1. This makes sense but I disagree with some of it.
    If I had a boyfriend who bought me chocolate and told me he loved me on Valentine's Day, I'd appreciate it but I'd know he only did that because it's Valentine's Day. If he did that on a random day, I'd appreciate it so much more because I'd know that he WANTED to do it for me. I'd prefer he (or anyone, like you said) did that just because they wanted to, not because they felt pressured/inspired/whatever by a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kayla, yeah good point. But you know it's highly unlikely that'd happen haha. People suck.

    ReplyDelete