Monday, January 17, 2011

My life is still super boring. Like, you don't even know how boring. I've got nothing to write about. Nothing's inspiring me to write (despite the fact that I'm not a good writer, I still like to write things like this. But not getting inspired to is hard).

I live in Australia, and it's incredibly likely that you've heard about the floods in Queensland. I have quite a few friends up there and all of them have been affected in some way by the floods. One of my good friends Shivanii lost her house and almost all of her belongings. One of my incredibly good friends, who is like a sister to me, lives about 15 minutes away from Toowoomba, and the day the flooding got bad, she was a week away from having her baby. She was worried, I was worried, her family were worried...worried she'd go in to labour and not be able to get to a hospital, but that didn't happen, and she's fine.
Australia at the moment is so ridiculous. In Western Australia, they're battling fires, slight flooding, and there was a cyclone on the way. Northern Territory also had flood warnings, extreme heat, and the cyclone weather was affecting there too. Queensland had the floods. NSW had floods. Victoria had floods. Tasmania had floods. South Australia was the only place that there wasn't total devostation happening. It's such an insane place to live. People in other countries think it's perfect weather all the time. It's not. We have such extremes. We go from extreme drought to terrible flooding within a year. We can have floods, drought, snow, fires and close to 40 degree heat happening in one state at the same time. It is a whole lot harder than it looks, living here. People in other countries only see what they want to see.

I went to Jacob's house for the first time, the other day. It was crazy raining but it was good. It was only spitting when mum dropped me off. I got there, and we walked through the house, past his little brother Matthew who was sleeping on the couch, and through the kitchen, and to the backyard. I played with his cats Meatball and Ally for a bit, then we went back inside. Jacob got himself some food (I wasn't hungry), then he showed me the rest of the house (coz I had only seen it on web cam). I actually patted his dog! (She's incredibly scared of people and doesn't trust them...Jacob held her and I petted her and she wasn't overly scared :3). We sat around chillin' on his laptop, playing music incredibly loud trying to wake up Matthew but that kid would not wake up! We went to Jacob's room to get his iPod and so I could see it (his bed is SO comfy, just sayin') and when we came back out Matthew was awake, on his laptop. He went and showered while we chilled on the laptop some more. We decided to put on a movie (because they literally have like 1200) and sat there watching it. All of a sudden we heard a laugh and Matthew was creeping in the kitchen, watching it. Was funny. So then the 3 of us sat there watching it, and Louisa (their mum) came home and made Jacob clean up all his shit that was all over the lounge haha. So he did that, we continued watching the movie, and mum came at around 4ish to pick me up. So then I came home, and just chilled doing nothing. Was a good day :).

That's honestly all that's really happened that's worth talking about!
ALTHOUGH! KELLY (my best friend, who I've known for 6 years, and have never met) WILL BE IN BENDIGO IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! I am so, so excited! She's been my best friend for 3 years and I honestly cannot wait to meet her. I've warned her that I'll probably have a panic attack when I first see her but she's okay with that, coz she knows it's gonna happen no matter what she does haha. We have so many plans. Rhiannon and Cahlia are both slumbering here tomorrow night, then Rhiannon's coming back during the day (coz she has to leave in the morning) on Wednesday, then Kelly should get here around 3ish :). Just gonna chill here for a bit before she goes back to her nannas. On Friday me, her, Jacob, Joel and whoever else gets invited are having a play date at McDonalds. On Monday I'm going to play at Jacob's (and I'm gonna convince him to give me my birthday present [which I'm not allowed to say what it is coz he doesn't want anyone knowing yet haha] instead of Tuesday) which should be good :). Then on Tuesday, it's my 18th birthday! I'm hoping I get money so I can buy this amazing pair of nude pumps I found and want before my party on the Friday :). My party's gonna be so so so good! I've got around 60 people coming, and that is inclusive of people I've known for years, a couple of cousins that I'm close to, and some friends of mine from the internet that I haven't met yet. Some of those are from Bendigo, some aren't. I hope I don't have a panic attack, but I'll be fine no matter what.

So this is probably my last underage post! I doubt I'll post again before I'm officially an adult! :o

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Shivanii lost her house! That suuuucks.
    LOL (you know what at)
    What was this present Jacob was giving you? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she got the warning from her local government in the middle of the night, saying they had to leave. She packed a few things but obviously couldn't get everything, and couldnt get much. They left that morning then a couple of days later were allowed to go back to see what was left, and she had nothing at all. :c.

    HAHAHAHA I KNOW RIGHT. I CANT WAIT TO DO A BLOG ABOUT IT. IM WAITING TILL THE SAID THING WE ARE LOLLING AT IS GONE SO I KNOW FOR SURE THAT ITS ALL OVER, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA IM SO GLAD THOUGH, BECAUSE CLEARLY IT WASNT WORTH IT AND I DONT MIND LOSING IT AFTER LEARNING WHAT ITS REALLY LIKE XD.

    :$. He wrote me a song. He has 6 versions of it and isn't happy with any of them so I still haven't got it yet ;p

    ReplyDelete